Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thanks 2009



The end of 2009 is here and just like everyone else I'm looking back on what the year has brought. It was a huge year here. Most notably the arrival of our sweet little Lillian. What a joy! She's the apple of our eye and some days our faces hurt from smiling so much!
The year also brought some of the greatest shows ever for the business. I traveled far and wide to attend shows. (Oh, MSP to Portland and back again at 34 weeks of pregnancy how I remember the edema) I am SO fortunate to have some of the best roadies around. You may have run across these folks if you visited me at an event. I really couldn't do what I do without them - especially when I was pregnant with Lil! Here's a shout out to all the roadies. They are some of the most generous, talented and kind-hearted women I know. Go visit their blogs. See how varied and talented they are. Meg, Amy, Heather, Gretchen, Lara, Hannelore, Chris, Lucinda, and Dawn. THANK YOU!!!! I am greateful to have such a supportive "care circle" as my brother in law would say. One of the people who is integral to the business, but who is rarely sighted at shows is the dear husband, as he's at home holding down the fort. Words cannot express how lucky I am to have you by my side on this great journey. ( Insert more mush here, I could go on and on and on . . . )
One of the great joys of doing what I do is meeting the people who purchase my work. I know it has been said before, but it bears repeating. The community of fiber folk is really unparalleled. I am lucky to have found a wacky niche where I am amongst "my people." I love watching new faces discover my work and old faces return.
So, cheers 2009. You were a great year! Bring it 2010!

1 comment:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Omigosh. She is so sweet. I remember my babies and how my heart was so full of love when they looked at me like that. Blessings to you and your family in 2010!