Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm a joiner

So I looked at my schedule for July and said to myself - yeah I can join a few new Ravelry groups. I jumped on the Tour de Fleece bandwagon and in a late night Ravelry worm hole I found the HHHH handspun fiber swap. As long as I'm spinning every day for about a month I might as well share that joy right with a total stranger, right?

For my HHHH swap pal here's my Questionnaire. . .

HHHH Questionnaire

1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? I've been spinning off and on for two years. I'd say I'm still a beginner - but an advanced one!

2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? Mostly 2 ply.

3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)?

Both - I love my drop spindle and have a new Louet wheel that I'm still getting to know.
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like?
Soft wool mostly. I love a silk wool blend. I'm not big on mohair.
5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)?
Hmmm - I do most of my fiber shopping at wool festivals. I love Blue Moon.
Here's an etsy link, or two. (I could really make this list go on, and on)
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try?
Sea silk and more wool blends
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn?
Nothing specific - just technique refinement
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn?
I dabble in the dye pot.
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber?
I do have hand cards - but I prefer prepared fiber.
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed?
Mostly look at it. Occasionally I'll add handspun to a project as an accent.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)?
I don't have a "proper" wpi tool - I just use a ruler.
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm pretty easy when it comes to color. I love unexpected color combination -having said that -not a lot of yellow ends up in my stash.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now?
Just wound off some alpaca. Yum!
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have?
Pottery and knitting - someday weaving.
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about?
Environmental Stewardship. Consuming locally.
16. Do you have an online wishlist?
Nope - maybe I should . . .
17. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn, patterns and books? Nope
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a fairly extensive library and am fortunate to have a fabulous textile center to borrow titles from. I subscribe to Interweave Knits and purchase Spin Off at my local needlework shop.
19. When is your birthday?
August 15
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality?
Umm . . .
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)?
Generally MN summers are humid and sticky - so far this year has been pleasant and comfortable.

Favorites
favorite painting/picture(link): Impossible question. There are just too many. I adore wood block prints. I have a new found love for Jackson Pollack.
Candy: Chocolate
Food: Anything Ethiopian or Indian - If it's spicy and legume based I love it!
Drink: Coffee and Tea
Movie(s): Casablanca, Waiting for Guffman, Everything is Illuminated
TV Show(s): Lost, Six Feet Under, Deadwood
Book(s): Anything by Elizabeth Zimmerman, David Sedaris, Edward Abbey, or Isabelle Allende.
Guilty Pleasure(s): Izzy's Ice cream.

1 comment:

bockstark.knits said...

Waiting for Guffman is one of my faves too, I love Christopher Guest!

Glad to have you as part of the HHHH!